I have guests coming this afternoon so I had better get busy with turning the Airbnb over. No time to waste so I have literally blocked out today like a workday. My old fashioned workday as a teacher, changing classes every hour on the dot. I would have a bell too if I thought I could rig one up!I love to be super organized but seldom actually achieve it.
Here is my list for today. (as well as feeding everyone of course).
2. Toast nuts, seeds and oatmeal for guest cookies.
2. Turn bread dough out to rest. Put laundry in machine. Get ground beef out of freezer for tonight’s hamburgers. Shape dough for guest loaf and set to rise in baskets. Shape buns for tonight’s hamburgers and set to rise.
3. Hang laundry out.
4. Bring Del and Tia into the milking room to practice standing in the stanchion eating corn(vet coming Tuesday).
5. Shift Del and her mob into Dairy Mistress Field.
6. Brush both Tima and Tane (they got into the burrs).
7. Spread chicken manure.
8. Shift beef mob into Alfalfa Field Number Two.
9. Pick tomatoes, make zuchinni relish (for tonight’s hamburgers), pick beetroot and water watermelon.
10. Clean porches and outside windows of the Coop for this afternoons guests.
11. Buy milk yoghurt etc for guest fridge. Find some chrysanthemums for disastrous front garden. Mow lawns. Water trees.
Is that all? – let me think a moment. Have a look at yesterdays pictures while I think. I am still using the iPhone. I must get the camera back out soon.
Too sweet and quite friendly too. Most of my images are a blur as they potter over to gnaw on whatever part of me they can reach. Way too close. As you can see I was on the ground when I took these .
Oh that’s right:
12. Waters – refill troughs
13. Burn paper rubbish (Illinois is no longer doing much recycling, the majority of America’s recycling was being bought by China and now they have lost that market for their garbage so one by one the towns and cities are suspending their recycling programs – from now on it goes to the landfill). This is a very recent development and in the news.
14. Take garbage bags into MIL’s for town pick up.
At the minimum I HAVE to stop buying stuff encased in plastic, and we HAVE to stop using plastic bags at the supermarket. My other problem is that I take my cloth shopping bags then forget to get them out of the car or forget to put them IN the car. I have to find a way to do that better. Plus beer in cans and wine in bottles!! – How am I going to get around that problem – stop drinking?. Not LIKELY!
From now on anything you put in the trash is just being piled up in your country’s back yard. It is the same in New Zealand. Don’t feel picked on. It is a universal issue.
AND it is a problem we can solve individually. We all have the power to do better with rubbish. So – I am burning and/or composting the paper rubbish and returning the carbon to the gardens. Buying in bulk to cut down on packaging. And Right this minute I am taking my shopping bags to the car!
Our great- grandchildren will be living on TOP of our garbage if we are not very careful.
OK. Coffee time is over. Oatmeal is toasting, bread is rising and the washing is ON. The watering is done and the hoses are ready to go down the back. The Six pigs are fighting over their feed bin so I had better get them more feed.
Then TO THE LIST!
PS THANK you for all the zuchinni ideas in the Lounge yesterday. I made the zuchinni and tomato curry last night and it was fantastic. Everyone loved it so that one goes on the ‘frequent’ list. Today is the relish! Many thanks.
Friday 08/31 20% / 0 in
Partly cloudy. High near 85F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday Night 08/31 20% / 0 in
Partly cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. Low near 70F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
6:18 AM 7:26 PM
Waning Gibbous, 76% visible 10:25 PM 11:14 AM